1. Cut the tofu into slices approx. 1.5cm thick and lay on a plate lined with kitchen paper. Add more kitchen paper on top of the tofu and cover with something heavy such as a wooden chopping board and leave for 20 minutes.
2. Remove the chopping board and towel and transfer the tofu to shallow dish.
3. Blitz the remaining ingredients for the tofu in a food processor. Cover the tofu with the marinade, taking care not to break it. Marinate for a couple of hours or overnight.
4. Meanwhile, pickle the vegetables. Dissolve the sugar and salt in the vinegar in a saucepan over a medium heat and pour the liquid over the vegetables in a shallow dish. Leave while you make everything else, stirring occasionally.
5. To cook the tofu, heat a griddle pan over a moderate heat and brush it well with oil. Brush the excess marinade from the tofu and reserve it.
6. Fry the tofu until a golden crust has developed on both sides, taking care not to break it. Brush lightly with the reserved marinade when still hot from the pan.
7. Assemble the sandwiches by splitting the baguettes, spreading with mayo, adding the tofu, pickled veg, herbs, chilli and cucumber. And drizzle more Auntie's Ginger & Coriander Sauce on top if you like!