1. In a small saucepan, heat a little oil and cook the tomatoes until the oil separates from the tomatoes.
2. Fry the garlic until lightly browned.
3. In a big saucepan, fry the onions until half cooked.
4. Add the chickpeas, fenugreek, coriander, ginger, garam masala, salt, turmeric, garlic, tomatoes and chillies to the onions and cook for 30 mins on a medium flame, stirring occasionally.
5. Check the salt for taste and add more if necessary.
6. Add in Auntie's Tamarind Sauce and stir well. Cook for another 5 mins.
7. Serve in a bowl with rice or a naan bread.